Olivia Muniak is a Brand Marketer.
She has an incredible eye and an innate sensibility for the luxury market. She works with businesses to tell cohesive stories through developing a visual vocabulary and creative materials. Olivia is instrumental in implementing marketing initiatives and real-time events that drive brand awareness.
Olivia began her career styling in San Francisco working with Benefit Cosmetics. Moving back to New York City in 2012 to pursue a career in fashion, she went on to manage North American sales in luxury fashion for Aquazzura and Fratelli Rossetti.
Her expansive background and expertise has made Olivia a true standout and we had a chance to sit down with this star to find out about how she balances wellness sustainability in her everyday hectic life.
How do you practice sustainability?
I strive to practice sustainability in all facets of my life. I want to be able to share the beautiful world I grew up in with my future children and grandchildren. When I grocery shop I use reuseable mesh bags for produce – whether I’m at the farmers market or grocery store. On the go, I use metal straws, travel coffee cups + water bottles, and at glass containers and reusable silicon bags for food storage. But I think that’s only a small imprint, I’m also very conscious of the product packaging from everything to beauty and bathroom products (so many brands are creating refillable products or 100% compostable packaging). I don’t allow myself to buy new, comparable skincare, makeup or hair products until I’ve completely used what I have at home. It’s easy to consume these products and amass a collection of half used products. In the kitchen I don’t use paper towels daily, I have a set of cleaning rags my favorite are these
Most importantly I also consider what is in the product – if it’s toxic for my body, it’s toxic for this earth. I try and use clean products for the home so that everything that washes down my drain is natural and not harmful to the ocean.
What are your favorite Eco-Friendly Products?
Branch Basics and Thieves. It’s also super easy to make an at home everyday spray with a bit of distilled vinegar and essential oils and water, I find this to the best for glass and countertops!
What does wellness mean to you?
Gosh, I think wellness is such a broad term and a widely used buzzword these days. For me, wellness is about the way I live my life. It encompasses my emotional, spiritual and physical wellbeing. Being “well” is about balance, joy, and feeling sated in my current life. My work, my friendships, my family, my body etc…this doesn’t mean they are all wonderful at once, they rarely are! I appreciate the realness, being present through the challenging times, the optimistic and the everyday. The attention and care I put into creating routines (allowing myself to fall out)
Any advice for people wanting to make the switch towards a more mindful existence (increased wellness) but who are not sure where to start?
Create a routine, add one small element in a realistic way ( i.e. something you can keep up with ) wellness is about trial and error and discovering what you need that makes you feel well. Pick one to three things, set a numerical goal to it and try it for 14 days. I’d suggest choosing one small practice; whether that’s journaling for 4 minutes in the morning x 4 a week, switching your morning croissant for a clean smoothie, walking for 30 minutes a few times a week, swapping clean products into your home
What are your go-to daily beauty products and why?
- Goldfaden Doctors Scrub: makes my skin super soft, clear, and fresh looking.
- True Botanicals Nutrient Mist: I used this multiple times a day to freshen my skin with essential antioxidants, also the scent is ahmazing!!
- True Botancials Clear Face Oil: hydrates my skin, gives me that dewey appearance that I love.
- Goldfaden Brightening Serum, this has helped clear my complexion, sun damage and heal breakouts.
- True Botanicals Vitamin C Booster + Clear Serum I swap between these and Goldfaden Serum and keeps my skin clear and bright.
- Goldfaden Wake Up Call: this year my skin became super dry, this moisturizer helped soothe and hydrate and I wake up in the morning with baby soft skin.
- Goldfaden Bright Eyes paired with Odacite Eye Serum: this helps de-puff, hydrate and erase fine lines
- EIR Surf Mud: This is my daily sunblock, make-up primer (if I wear, also great on it’s own) and obviously great for a day out surfing. So clean you can actually eat it, its got chocolate in it!
The makeup I can’t live without:
- RMS Uncover up: light, natural coverage
- RMS Luminous Highlighter: adds the
deweytouch, when I’m not so dewey
- Ilia Cream Blush Stick: adds that touch of color that makes me look fresh
- Kjaer Weiss Cream Bronzer: adds that
sun kissedglow LiliLoloMascara: hands down the best natural mascara
- Chantecaille Tinted Brow Gel: holds my unruly eyebrows all day
Why is clean beauty important for you
Honestly, because I’m a little vain and I have found clean beauty to keep me looking young and fresh. And of course, I care about the planet too.
How do you de-stress?
Bathtime! I’m a huge proponent of baths at any time. I don’t soak for
Favorite mood-boosting meal?
It’s not a meal, but I make my own almond milk weekly and it’s a religious experience for me, it tastes so rich and creamy and I use it for few things but mostly for my morning flat white. Some of my go-to’s meals are grilled salmon with
What is your daily mantra?
Does it make me feel good? Yes…follow that. If it’s not a hell yes, it’s a hell no. Why expend the energy obsessing when things don’t align, something better is on its way. Be yourself, you’re awesome. Life is short, speak up, go for it. Don’t take it all so seriously, laugh! Allow myself the freedom to experience it.